M.D., Professor of Internal Medicine, Executive Director of Cardiovascular Prevention
Integrated Bioscience Center, First Floor
6135 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Michigan, 48202
Robert D Brook MD attended Michigan State University for undergraduate education (BS, 1991) and the University of Michigan for medical school (MD, 1995). He completed residency training in Internal Medicine at Northwestern Memorial Hospital (1998) and a fellowship in Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia and Vascular Medicine at the University of Michigan (1999). He is currently the Executive Director of Cardiovascular Prevention for Wayne Health and is a principal investigator of the ACHIEVE GREATER NIH P50 research center focusing on advancing novel population health strategies to control cardiometabolic risk factors and reduce health disparities (https://achievegreater.wayne.edu/).
Dr. Brook is a physician-scientist with clinical expertise in cardiovascular disease prevention focusing on hypertension, lipid disorders, risk assessment, and vascular medicine. He is a Fellow of the American Heart Association, the National Lipid Association, and the Society for Vascular Medicine. He has extensive research experience with over 35 funded grants and 300 peer-reviewed publications. His longstanding main research theme is environmental cardiology – understanding the cardiometabolic health effects of environmental exposures/air pollutants.
- Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Wayne State University, September 2020 - present
- Stevo Julius Research Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, September 2019 - August 2020
- Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, September 2014 - August 2019
- Associate Professor (with Tenure) Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, September 2008 - August 2014
- Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, July 2001 - September 2008
- Lecturer, Internal Medicine, Division of Hypertension, University of Michigan, July 1999 - June 2001
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI.
Medical Doctor (MD)
July 1991 - June 1995
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI.
Bachelors in Science (BS), Physiology
September 1987 - June 1991
Fellowship, Division of Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia, Internal
Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
July 1998 - June 1999
Residency, Internal Medicine, Northwestern University,
McGaw Medical Center, Chicago, IL
July 1995 - June 1998
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Member, American Society of Hypertension (ASH) 2000-2018
- Fellow, Society for Vascular Medicine (FSVM) 2002-present
- Member, American Heart Association (AHA) 2005-present
- Fellow, American Society of Hypertension (FASH) 2010-2018
- Member, Society for Vascular Ultrasound 2010-present
- Fellow, National Lipid Association (FNLA) 2012-present
- Fellow, American Heart Association (FAHA) 2018-present
Please use the link below to view publications